Graduate Student Forms

Upon completion of non-course required milestones (e.g. foreign language requirement, prospectus), MA students must complete forms provided by the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) here:

Please upload one copy of each form to CAS as indicated on their website, and send another copy of the form to the Director of Graduate Studies in Anthropology.

The following are the most popular forms used in the department. Hardcopies of these forms are also located in the Anthropology Graduate Laboratory, Sparks Hall, Room 346.

Authorization/Overflow Form
Course Authorization Form/ Overflow Form (Interactive version. Requires Adobe)
Non_Interactive Course Authorization Form
For permission to do one or more of the following:
. Overflow into a full class
. Register for thesis/practicum research hours
. Register for non-thesis research hours (practicum, GRA/GTA “filler” hours)
. Register for Field Schools
. Do a faculty-advised Independent Study or Directed Study
. Register for any anthropology course that is restricted and requires departmental permission

Internship Application Form
Anthropology Internship Application Form
Step 1: Pick a faculty advisor; The faculty supervisor may have prior contacts or can guide the student in the appropriate direction. However, it is the student’s responsibility to actually arrange the internship.
Step 2: Locate an organization appropriate to your interests: This is an important opportunity to learn something new and to obtain valuable work experience. Some internships are paid, such as those at New South Associates (a local CRM archeology firm). Call up or write to the organizations that best suit your interests, and ask whether they are accepting interns for the following semester. Although you may not find your first choice, you may discover clever ways to be flexible.
Step 3
1. Download the internship application or pick one up at the Department of Anthropology the semester before you wish to begin.
2. Obtain the signatures of the faculty advisor and field supervisor.
3. Turn in the completed application to the Administrative Coordinator in the Department of Anthropology and then wait for an email confirmation that the form has been processed.
4. Register online for ANTH 8910, Graduate Anthropology Internship.
Step 4: Conduct the internship. A faculty advisor meets with the student intern on a weekly basis, and at the end of the semester, the student is required to write a paper describing what was learned during the internship, and how the internship facilitated their career development. Specific requirements may additionally be requested by individual faculty.

Museum Anthropology Concentration Form

For students interested in our Museum Concentration, please fill out the following form: Museum Anthropology Form

Directed Readings

Directed Readings
Directed Reading 4999 and 6999 Form
Used to request permission to conduct a Directed Reading (an independent faculty-advised course)
NOTE: Students must be within two semesters of graduating from their program to be eligible

Non-GSU Field School…
Non-GSU Exchange/Non-GSU Field School/ Study Abroad
For those students who wish to receive Anthropology credit hours in a study abroad program or field school, including GSU exchange programs (but not GSU faculty-led study abroad programs) and non-GSU programs.